Workflows can also be started manually from the Workflows menu on the lead.
- Minute/hour started – triggers actions a defined number of minutes or hours after the first action
- Day started – triggers actions starting at 00.00
- Date field on lead - triggers actions starting at 00.00 based on a date field on the lead
- After a defined number of days, hours or minutes of a lead being received, a workflow starting or a certain date stored on the lead. For instance, to send an email an hour after the lead is received. For this option, select the schedule from Minute/hour started
- At certain times of the day. For instance, 09.00, 12.00 or 15.00. For this option, select the schedule from Day started
- A defined period before or after a Date field on lead
- Skip Saturdays and Skip Sundays - no actions run if they fall on a Saturday or Sunday if using Minute/hour started. If using the Day started or Date field on lead, actions will be rescheduled starting on Monday. An action which falls on Saturday will run on Monday and an action which falls on Sunday will run on Tuesday instead.
- Run missed - an action scheduled at, for instance, 09.00 but within a workflow starting at 10.30, will only run if Run missed is selected. If Run missed is not selected it will wait for the next action at, for instance, 12.00. If Run missed is selected and Skip Saturdays or Skip Sundays is also selected, an action falling on a Saturday or Sunday will run these actions on Monday, the next working day.
- Pause until complete - pauses next actions until the last action is complete. This is regardless of Run missed and/or Day started being selected. No other actions will start until the paused action has been completed. The subsequent actions will be scheduled based on the time the paused action is completed. This behaviour is the same with Minute/hour started.
Common workflow examples
- First action set at 2 hours - runs 2 hours after the workflow starts
- Second action set at 2 hours – runs 2 hours after the first action
- Third action set at 3 hours - runs 3 hours after the second action
- First action set at 9 hours - runs at 09.00 (9 hours after 00.00)
- Second action set at 3 hours – runs at 12.00 (3 hours after the first action)
- Third action set at 3 hours - runs at 15.00 (3 hours after the second action)
Schedule from Date field on lead
Common dates to start a workflow:
- Received Date - the date the lead was received
- Referral Date - the date the lead was referred
- Internet Delivery Date - the date the lead was delivered via the internet
- Last Note/Call Date - the date of the last note/call
- Next Birthday - the date of birth
- If the workflow is set to Date field on lead and no date is populated on the lead, the workflow won't start.
- The left of the actions (in blue) states when the action will run.
- A lead can have several workflows with different triggers but the older workflow stops when the new workflow starts. Only one workflow sequence can run at a time.